Thursday, May 21, 2009

You're not alone

You are not alone. That’s the most important thing I want to communicate here. If you’re waiting for a lung transplant, if you’ve had a transplant, or if you’re a caregiver or family member, you are not alone. Look for them and you’ll find support groups, locally as well as on the Internet. There are too many to list here, but I do want to make you aware of three sources of information and inspiration that have helped me.

I highly recommend the Internet websites 2ndwind.org, and Transplant Living on Facebook.com. I also encourage you to get of copy of The Lung Transplant Handbook by Karen Couture (a transplant recipient herself). You’ll find it at Trafford Publishing, Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com other book internet sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment