Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pills...pills...everywhere!

 When you get a transplant of any kind, you know you’re going to be on immunosuppressant medications for the rest of your life. And, depending on your transplant team and your own individual situation, that may be only the beginning.

 

In my case, besides three anti-rejection drugs, it also includes an antibiotic, something for acid reflux, my prostate, my Cholesterol level, my heart and my blood pressure, an anti-viral, plus Iron, Calcium and magnesium. And naturally, some have to be taken more than once a day.

 

 I counted them a few minutes ago: 10 pills in the morning, 2 at 2p.m. and 8 in the evening. And you know what I think? It’s a very, very small price to pay for a chance at a new life.

 

I hope you have a caregiver like mine. She keeps track of the supply, and puts them all in the right box in one those giant pill organizers every Monday. All I do is take them.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment