Saturday, May 30, 2009

What goes around...

Back in April I wrote on this blog about a wedding reception and a story my wife told a group about giving her last dollar to a co-worker of hers at Universal. At the time, the story almost had me in tears. I didn’t know about it; she hadn’t told me because I was sick and out of work, and we were in financial straits. I got though it when I realize she’d called it a funny story which meant she was past those bad times. And I had to get past them too.

As the adage goes, it came around last week. Out of the clear blue sky, my wife received a huge bouquet of flowers and 18 one dollar bills from Universal Singapore where that old co-worker is now employed. He’d written a note in the card:

Payback time.

That story meant more to me than you ever know.

Thanks for the loan -- 18 years later

Something good happens every day, doesn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment