Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fun and games at Shands

This afternoon we’re off to Shands Hospital in Gainesville for my regular check up with the transplant team. It has been three months since our last visit in February. Even though this time it includes a bronchoscopy (a long, complicated name for poking a camera down your throat into your lungs for a look see), I’m looking forward to the trip.

First, because we have reservations tonight at Camellia Rose Inn, the bed and breakfast where we stayed after my transplant. That should be a great reunion. We stayed at the Camellia for three weeks last May and became friends with the owners. Secondly, it will give me a chance to show the doctors what a good job they did.

Don’t expect a blog tomorrow. Bronchs can leave you a little loopy. However, I’ll give a blow by blow of the trip on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment