Sunday, May 24, 2009

The crying

With me, the tears usually well up suddenly, unexpectedly. And in unexpected situations; while I’m driving and a familiar song starts on the radio, when I read a story in the newspaper, during an American Idol (really, no kidding) performance. Sometimes even a television commercial can leave me with streaked cheeks. The only underlying similarity for me is a display of strong positive emotion, usually love or a warm connection between friends.

My point in admitting that I sometimes get sloppy is, once again, to let you know you’re not alone. The fact is that most of us cry more often than the average person. Research indicates that transplant recipients have a high incidence of depression. And no wonder. To get where we are we had to be sick enough that only a transplant would save us, but well enough to survive the operation.

So, don’t get down in the dumps about occasionally getting depressed. You earned it, and you’re strong enough to get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment