Friday, May 1, 2009

Camellia Rose

I’m sure everyone has different feelings about the place they stay during their early recovery. I have a warm attachment to the place we stayed; a bed & breakfast in a gorgeous Victorian house on a tree lined street not far from Shands Hospital in Gainesville.

Here’s what I wrote while we were still there:

Camellia Rose

Deep in the flora

Of a tropical paradise

Down where palms stand tall

Spanish moss clings to oaks

And gators growl

I found my beautiful

Camellia Rose

Our affair began

The moment I set eyes

On her graceful, classic form

And I knew I would never

Seek shelter in other arms

Once she opened herself to me

If ever I must leave

Be it only for a single day

This lovely flower

Will forever remain in my heart

As if I began a new life here

No comments:

Post a Comment