Saturday, September 19, 2009

You never know...

I’m feeling better; my lung function blows are back up to 3.33 and Bernie and I are walking a mile and a half to two miles a day. And, as usual, he has me thinking.

This afternoon, we were about half way back from the lake, in front of the yellow house at the corner, when Bernie picked up something from the road. At first, I thought it was a stick because of the long pointy thing protruding from one side of his mouth. I made him stop and sit. But when I got closer, I started commanding, “Drop it! Drop it.” Bernie didn’t like it, but finally complied. What he’d picked up was smushed like it had been run over by a car. However, it was clear that the long pointy thing was a tail, and what Bernie had picked up was a young gator. I told him to leave it and he happily moved on sniffing for his next lizard.

The point is, you never know what the next walk will bring and it’s no good worrying about. Like Bernie, it’s best to live one lizard at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment