Saturday, September 12, 2009

Final Entry

Yipee!  Mom says Dad’s comin’ home on Sunday.  I can’t wait!  He went through all the treatments without any side effects except for his blood sugars being off the chart.  They were so high today the meter wouldn’t even give a reading….whatever that means.  Just know they had to give him more insulin to get it back in the right range and they said it was all because of the meds.  So guess the Twizzlers Mom left in his room when she took his book to him on Monday weren’t the only culprits.  

 

Oh, I was a bad boy today; Mom left me alone to go get her car worked on and I was able to push open the door in the shower room where I found a really interesting bag of goodies.  I had such fun…..the toothpaste tasted pretty good, but the shampoo and conditioner made my mouth soapy.  The instant heat wrap package innerds were like coffee grounds, so I just spread them all over the rug with the baby powder. I thought it looked really neat.  Unfortunately Mom didn’t think so.  She was so-o-o mad; I was really shaking because she yelled so loud.  And if that wasn’t enough punishment, she didn’t even take me for a walk until after she left again to go get groceries.  I just don’t like it when they leave me alone.  I get so bored and the door was open just a little, so I just couldn’t help myself.  Sigh.

 

Well, the leader of the pack will be home tomorrow, so all will be right with the world again…..and he can get back to blogging.  It’s been fun, but I wouldn’t want this to be my day job.  Chasing lizards is more my style.

 

Love,

Bernie 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. We're so pleased that your Dad is home Sunday. You and your Mum did good with your posts keeping everyone well informed of his progress in hospital.
    Bernie, if ever you get bored while Mum and Dad are out - watch TV.

    ReplyDelete