Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 2 at Shands

Hi, it’s Bern…..gettin’ the hang of this typing thang…sorta. Today was a better day for me.  Mom FINALLY put a hot dog in my food so I could eat it.  And I got 2 LONG walks with her too!  Played in the neighbor’s yard across from the lake while Mom talked with the new lady owner of Captain, a white shitzue who doesn’t even know there are lizards in his yard.   He just sat there while I chased them, frequently mushing down the bushes as Mom yelled at me to stop.  But I caught 2 of them.  Spent a lot of time on my back scratching it on the grass….sure felt good.  Mom says Dad’s 2nd day of treatments went without any side effects and that now he’s just bored.  I understand bored….all I did was sleep while Mom worked on that funny thing with a screen that looks like a TV but only has words on it.  The doctor told Dad they will test the levels of the rabbit drug in his system early Friday morning and if the levels are ok he’ll get the 3rd treatment on Friday, 4th on Saturday and then he will come HOME on Sunday.  If the levels are not right, then they’ll have to skip a day of treatment and he’ll have to stay until Monday.  I can’t wait for him to come home so I can do 4 walks a day; I have to help keep Dad in shape so I look really sad and he thinks I’m the one that wants to go out.  Just call me Dr. Bernie.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update on Dad and Mum, Bernie. So pleased that he's bored.
    Now, Dad's Best Friend, when he arrives home and you excitedly run to him and give him big kisses and cuddles, he is NOT a rabbit! Might smell like one, but really he isn't.

    Give big licks to everyone ... Love from Aunty Nola

    ReplyDelete