Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rain

It rained nearly all day here in Central Florida. After a breakfast of bacon and eggs and Harriet's homemade biscuits, Bernie and I got our long walk in before it began. And we braved the drops for another two short ones later. But most of the day we just rattled around inside; me noodling the computer and sneaking snacks, and him in his bed beside the Dell accepting bribes so Harriet wouldn’t know. Remember prednisone makes you want to eat the couch.

For lunch Harriet fixed a couple of her great Greek salads. I finished mine off with two of those little Clementine oranges I found at Publix and a Granny Smith apple while I watched part of Tora Tora Tora.

Tonight, we’re having Costco’s filet mignon and Harriet’s twice baked potatoes as a going away dinner for Michael and Lisa. They head back to his mom’s and dad’s place in Virginia on an 11:30 a.m. flight tomorrow.

All in all everything turned out fine. As I’ve said before, sometimes it’s a good idea to just let the day slip by.

P.S. Did anyone notice that this entire blog was about food?

No comments:

Post a Comment