Thursday, July 16, 2009

Being Green

Something happened yesterday that reminded me of one of my long time favorites; a beautiful tribute to accepting who you are and making the most of it. Did you know Being Green was written for Kermit by the Cookie Monster? True. That was one of the characters composer Joe Raposo played on Sesame Street. Did you know Frank Sinatra covered Being Green on his “Ol’ Blue Eyes is Back” album? I’ve got a copy, one of those round vinyl things they used to call records.

Anyway, we’ve been Being Green around here lately. Yesterday we had a solar panel installed on the roof. I don’t believe in global warming. And I don’t think mankind is affecting the weather on this good earth. But I do believe in going green when the green ends up in our pocket. Our new solar powered water heater is going to save us 30% on our electric bill.
I encourage you to look into it for your home now that the county, state and federal governments as well as the power companies are offering incentives.

No comments:

Post a Comment