Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Into each life...

Bernie and I took a walk in the rain late this afternoon. Normally, he’s out ahead of me searching for lizards, but in the rain he stays right by my side. I can’t decide whether he’s sticking close because the occasional thunder is scary, or to make sure the Alpha is protected. Either way, it’s a nice feeling.

I needed it today. I don’t know why, but I’m in a down period; the old hypochondriac coming back. I’ve been looking forward to this vacation we’re planning with every fiber. And now I’m worried that something is going to happen with my health to get in the way. My lung function is down slightly – it's only about 120% of what would be predicted for a man my age and weight. I know. That’s silly. But it’s down from 140%. And I’m a worry wort.

Maybe I should do like Bernie. When we got back from the walk, he just shook off the rain, walked into the kitchen, and waited for his treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment