Sunday, April 26, 2009

Walking the dog

I do a lot of it. That’s where much of this musing starts; on long walks with Bernie, the puppy we rescued last August. We got him because the doctors prescribed a rigorous exercise schedule for my recovery that included walking daily. It didn’t occur to me then, but Bernie and I had a special connection from the beginning. We were both born in May of 2008. Okay, I was re-born. Still, we’re moving forward on a clean slate, learning together.

The first thing I’ve learned is that exercise is one of the big answers. I highly recommend it, not just for “extraordinary experience” people, but everyone. If you want to feel better, think smarter, live longer, exercise. And you might want to bring along someone like Bernie. He’s a great listener.

No comments:

Post a Comment